Solved

Events and Work Templates

Badge

Currently our events submission form has an on/off button that users must turn on if they need tech or facilities support which would fire off a ticket template to create a ticket.

I’m having such a difficult time keeping track of the events that require support.

Is there a way to include the location, room, date and time from the event to be injected into the work template rather than clicking into the ticket and looking at the event details?

Or is there a better way of doing this?

icon

Best answer by Hannah Bailey 5 June 2024, 21:45

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@JLee 877aada wantaghufsd Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Does the event detail not show on all tickets? It should be on the right side of the ticket. 

Badge

Yes, it does but its very frustrating to keep track of the ticket if it’s OLD or NEW. They all look the same.

We can’t click through each one and keep track of the event date/time/room/location.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@JLee 877aada wantaghufsd I would suggest creating a custom view. You can add specific columns you want to see for this:

This will give you a view of those events with the location and date/time of the event: 

Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Badge

Thank you but that’s for events view. I’m looking for tickets for supports for these events. As I stated in the event form there’s custom fields which askes if they need tech support, facilities support or AV support. Which would automatically create a ticket letting us know that specific event requires support from a department. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@JLee 877aada wantaghufsd You are able to add custom fields to a custom view as well under ticketing: 

Badge

None of the custom fields populate on the ticketing side. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@JLee 877aada wantaghufsd I understand. You can map those custom fields to show up on both sides of the modules. In the events module, you are able to map those fields from the iiQ events module to the ticketing module. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@JLee 877aada wantaghufsd 

Currently you can not include the “location, room, date and time from the event to be injected into the work template rather than clicking into the ticket and looking at the event details.” This would be an enhancement request. 

You are able to use event filters on the IT side to help viewing these tickets. It would be great if you could add those columns for the “location, room, date, time of the event” within that view. 

Here is an idea already created for event date at a column on the IT side: 

But here are a couple of workarounds that other districts have implemented. 

You could create custom views using: Ticket status (pending event) + Location + Event Date (next week)?

Another, more manual way, 😕 that another district is doing is changing the subject to reflect the event date/time. 

I hope this helps. We love to hear all your suggests on how we can make our platform better. 

Badge

So they’re changing each ticket to reflect the date and time? 😯

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@JLee 877aada wantaghufsd Hannah provided you with a few workarounds until the idea is moved toward our queue. That would be the manual way to reflect the subject with the details. 

I would personally suggest her first workaround by creating a view and adjusting the columns to reflect the information you need. 

Badge

I tried that the custom fields don’t show up on the ticketing side. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@JLee 877aada wantaghufsd In that case, your best option to see the information on the IT ticket would be to change the subject as Hannah described above. Please make sure to leave your feedback on the enhancement request above to make sure our Product team receives your feedback on this work flow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@JLee 877aada wantaghufsd Here is another similar idea that might fit your use case better: