Question

Forms

• 27 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Good Afternoon, 

I have three questions, 

1. can you provide a link or documentation on how to pull form data via an API call?
  2. Is there a way outside of the API call, to pull the form data into a spreadsheet, not Adobe?
  3. We are starting to utilize forms probably in a way that is more complex than what incident IQ intended for their forms, but how do you put an (if.. then..) based upon a value in a field? For example, if the form field called canvas is Yes, create a ticket, otherwise; a ticket would not be created.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  1. I haven’t personally mucked with the API but documentation is linked under Admin > Developer Tools. I wasn’t able to register for the API portal they have linked so you may need to talk to support - a Google search returns a different repository for API documentation, but i’m not sure how current this is. 

2.  No, not currently. You could leverage custom fields w/ a custom view if you can collect this information during a ticket submission process. From there, you could Export the custom view to .csv OR you could export it on a schedule via SFTP

3. As of right now, you can’t reference form fields in any way through the GUI. You’ll have to get creative with custom fields / submission queues to do this. The rules engine is very limited for forms right now (something I hope they’re working on!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MKamp 1176ba5 aledo Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

1. The API documentation is currently being worked on, but @bclark @curtis.bohlmeyer @MattHenry have some insight on it. 
  2. I agree with @MichaelK12 on this one.
  3. Forms are being worked on, and the team is working on some enhancements that will be coming soon. 
Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello! Regarding the access to the API documentation, I put in a work order with IIQ using the Help menu through our instance and was given access to the documentation that way. It didn’t take long. It’s got a pretty robust list of endpoints. 

We’ve used it on a few projects and have been very happy with the results. I’m going to post a discussion article about our self service student repair form soon

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Here is the post by @CBohlmeyer 710df2e lps53