Solved

Global Search - API

• 26 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

Is there an API call to search values from the CustomFieldValues? Something similar to the new global search feature where I can search for almost anything. 

Example:
A script that searches for a MacAddress “XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX” and I would get a return with the Asset attached to that CustomFieldValue. 

icon

Best answer by athaxton_iiQ 2 May 2024, 21:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@FGonzalez 75081eb csd509j Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

I am working with our support team to see if this is possible. Don’t worry, I have not forgotten about you. 

Good Afternoon @FGonzalez 75081eb csd509j 

I hope you are doing well! 

You should be able to return all assets with a specific custom field value using a similar API call to the one below. Please note that some of the information is contained in {} brackets as this information will need to be the specific values for your district:

curl --location 'https://{SITE}.incidentiq.com/api/v1.0/assets/?%24s=200&%24o=AssetTag%20ASC' \
--header 'accept: application/json, text/plain, */*' \
--header 'accept-language: en-US,en;q=0.9' \
--header 'client: WebBrowser' \
--header 'content-type: application/json' \
--header 'siteid: {SITEID}' \
--header 'user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer {TOKEN}' \
--data '{"OnlyShowDeleted":false,"Filters":[{"Facet":"assetcustomfield","Name":"{FIELD NAME}","Id":"{CUSTOMFIELDTYPEID}","Value":"{VALUE}","Negative":false,"CustomFieldTypeId":"{CUSTOMFIELDTYPEID}","SortOrder":"","ComplexEditorPath":"0:Name","Selected":true,"IsUnassigned":false,"GroupIndex":0},{"Facet":"AssetType","Id":"2a1561e5-34ff-4fcf-87de-2a146f0e1c01"}],"FilterByViewPermission":true}'

With that said though, if you may have any questions or concerns though, please let us know, and I hope you have a great day! 

Best, 
Drew

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DFISCUS 9634549 westperry Thanks for adding this here! I am curious if this is what you were looking for @FGonzalez 75081eb csd509j 

@DFISCUS 9634549 westperry Thanks for adding this here! I am curious if this is what you were looking for @FGonzalez 75081eb csd509j 

Uhhhh… I didn’t leave that comment and I’m not sure who did. It looks like someone accidentally left a comment as me. Do your staff or community moderators have the power to leave comments as other users? That strikes me as extremely unsafe.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Good Afternoon @FGonzalez 75081eb csd509j 

I hope you are doing well! 

You should be able to return all assets with a specific custom field value using a similar API call to the one below. Please note that some of the information is contained in {} brackets as this information will need to be the specific values for your district:

curl --location 'https://{SITE}.incidentiq.com/api/v1.0/assets/?%24s=200&%24o=AssetTag%20ASC' \
--header 'accept: application/json, text/plain, */*' \
--header 'accept-language: en-US,en;q=0.9' \
--header 'client: WebBrowser' \
--header 'content-type: application/json' \
--header 'siteid: {SITEID}' \
--header 'user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer {TOKEN}' \
--data '{"OnlyShowDeleted":false,"Filters":[{"Facet":"assetcustomfield","Name":"{FIELD NAME}","Id":"{CUSTOMFIELDTYPEID}","Value":"{VALUE}","Negative":false,"CustomFieldTypeId":"{CUSTOMFIELDTYPEID}","SortOrder":"","ComplexEditorPath":"0:Name","Selected":true,"IsUnassigned":false,"GroupIndex":0},{"Facet":"AssetType","Id":"2a1561e5-34ff-4fcf-87de-2a146f0e1c01"}],"FilterByViewPermission":true}'

With that said though, if you may have any questions or concerns though, please let us know, and I hope you have a great day! 

Best, 
Drew

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@DFISCUS 9634549 westperry Hey Daniel this is Drew who is the Support Team member working with you on your Support Team tickets. My apologies for any inconvenience caused by this Daniel. On our end, the support team is able to login as other users in Incident IQ to test out issues and this action appears to have captured by our system when I was attempting to login and respond to this question in community. We have gone ahead and reported this to our support engineering team though and the Team is currently investigating this to ensure these cached actions do not affect future logins. With that said though, if you may have any questions or concerns though, please let me know, and I hope you have a great day! 

Best, 
Drew

@DFISCUS 9634549 westperry Hey Daniel this is Drew who is the Support Team member working with you on your Support Team tickets. My apologies for any inconvenience caused by this Daniel. On our end, the support team is able to login as other users in Incident IQ to test out issues and this action appears to have captured by our system when I was attempting to login and respond to this question in community. We have gone ahead and reported this to our support engineering team though and the Team is currently investigating this to ensure these cached actions do not affect future logins. With that said though, if you may have any questions or concerns though, please let me know, and I hope you have a great day! 

Best, 
Drew

Drew,

I greatly appreciate the explanation as to how this happened. I was not aware that our community forum accounts were so linked that emulating users in ticketing would emulate them here. I can understand how this error could happen and I’m glad to hear it’s being worked on. Thank you for your response!

Have a great day!
Dan

Badge

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much.