Question

settings for sorting

• 8 December 2023
  • 7 replies

I have created a view that is on my dashboard. When I refer to it the list is sorted by first name then last name by default. I dislike having to change the sorting to last name then first name. It’s petty but its time consuming for me. Does anyone know if I can change the default of this? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NPerez 443d72f santapaulausd Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Is this referring to a custom view? Could you provide a screenshot of what you are wanting to do?

Yes, custom view.

iew.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NPerez 443d72f santapaulausd Go to the settings for that view; n the bottom of the columns tab, you can save the order. Hope this helps 😄 

Thank you!!! It looks like I am blocked. I get the red circle with a line through it. Do you have an idea of what I can ask for as far as permissons to get “unblocked”?🤔 I have one of the “real” tech personnel here right now and he is not blocked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NPerez 443d72f santapaulausd Did you create the custom view? If not, the person who created and shared the view with you would need to adjust the sort order.

I though I did it. I will check with my supervisor. Thank you! You are a wealth of information. I’m a librirain who now also working on tech and i am so busy i can’t remember what I have don 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NPerez 443d72f santapaulausd Happy to help, and hopefully, your supervisor will be able to get that sorted for you 😄 Let me know if you have any additional questions.