Skip to main content

Has anyone ever set something up that sends a user a text message when something is triggered? Not looking for an IIQ notification, rather an actual text message to a cell phone. Thanks!

If you use a service that's capable of sending texts that also has an API, you could likely webhook to it from iiQ's Rules.

@AKramar 41778c5 wwrsd Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

@jclark Do you have this set up already?? This would be a very cool article to have written. 

Sorry for the delayed reply.

We don’t have this specifically, but I know it can be done with Rapid Identity, for example. Since RI is capable of sending SMS (it is our IAM/IDP solution, so SMS is an MFA option) and we have scripts for testing SMS functionality with a few users for when there’s reported issues - in theory we can webhook from iiQ to that script to send an SMS with whatever info sent from iiQ.

I would just see if you have a system that’s designed for SMS communications, and if has an API endpoint that can be used. That would be the best route.

^ @jclark Very cool! I hope to see this in action @AKramar 41778c5 wwrsd 😄

I just wanted to follow up on this thread. @AKramar 41778c5 wwrsd What did you end up doing? 

We have not been able to get this into place, yet. I have no clue how to write a proper WebHook.

@AKramar 41778c5 wwrsd Here is the kb guide to get you started: