Solved

Adding Parts within Tickets

• 12 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Adding parts to tickets so that we can keep track within our inventory was easy enough until today when everything changed. Now we can’t insert parts because this new way of adding a Part Record won’t point back to our inventory. Is this an issue? Or a change that hasn’t been completely implemented yet?

icon

Best answer by JPisani 803812b lcalions 13 September 2023, 20:26

View original

9 replies

Badge +2

Hi @ZTodd 240dbfa ccsre1 Can you share a little more detail about the change you experienced, a screen shot would be best. Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Just verified, I can add a part to a ticket just fine (as before). I’ve seen in the past that I can’t add parts if I have an asset added to a ticket, removing an asset fixes the part addition problem.

The part addition/deletion is a huge problem with tracking though, makes Timeline of the ticket almost useless.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am having the same type of issue. It appears that adding a part used i a ticket (Replacing a toner cartridge) that it is not searching from our parts list and instead is making me add a part. See screenshot below.

Badge

I am having the same type of issue. It appears that adding a part used i a ticket (Replacing a toner cartridge) that it is not searching from our parts list and instead is making me add a part. See screenshot below.

@ttownes_iiQ This is the problem I was having. It seems to have resolved itself today, but I’m wondering if this is something that could happen again in the future.

Badge +1

I’m having a similar issue. The part # drop down only has some of my parts. If I attempt to search for others, it prompts me to add a non-standard part.

Even if I remove the asset from the ticket, I still only get these 4 parts

When I search for a different existing part #, it doesn’t appear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you, everyone, for bringing this to our attention. This has been noted in our internal support channel and will hopefully be fixed soon. You are welcome to submit your own ticket to iiQ support to be linked with our internal ticket. I will provide an update as soon as I get one! 😄 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello everyone; I have an update for you. 

It looks like this has been fixed for asset rules so it should be working now. thank you for your patience 😃

Userlevel 1
Badge

Still having the same part issue with one of my users. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@JTichavsky 433b89d creighton Since you still have this issue, please submit a ticket to support. 😄