Solved

Agent Based Reporting and Multi Team/Agent Tickets

• 16 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Hey all, I am curious how other districts handle this, and be warned I might be overthinking it. Currently we have a tech at each school building. They handle all tier 1 support at the site. This includes intake of devices for repair. Most techs spend some amount of time troubleshooting devices that come in and determine if they need further repair. If they do those devices/tickets are re-assigned to our repair team. When we do this though the report will no longer reflect the time the agent themselves spent on the ticket I assume (from what I can tell) unless we retain the assigned agent. If we did retain the agent the work the repair team did would then not be reported it seems.

In the end I am curious what other districts do to manage repair ticket workflows in order to maintain accurate reporting/analytics (I know we can create sub-tickets but not sure if that would be overcomplicating it).

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 20 May 2024, 21:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@BNeal 9839ec5 bisd303 Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

We have multiple districts that also work around this. @bclark and @Cozmo03 I know we just walked through this in Open Office Hours with you. Any thoughts? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

The only conclusion we could come to was to do sub-tickets to give everyone the credit for working the ticket. We haven’t moved down that road because we weren’t sure we wanted to get that complicated, yet. 😂

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Upside to sub tickets - you know how much time each agent who had a hand in a ticket worked on it. 

Downside - client gets multiple tickets and could potentially create confusion for them on which ticket exactly they should be looking at for most up to date info. 

Like @Cozmo03 said, we haven’t decided. I’ll add, being collection time it got shelved for now (but it’s something we will come back to sooner than later I suspect).

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

My thought is depending upon how many tickets you are having escalated. This would depend upon district size and asset numbers. 

I think subtickets would be the best way around it at this point, especially since you cannot adjust the SLA timing if the ticket is moved along. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

As a potential different option, if you don’t need your Tier 1 technicians to be in the loop of the repair flow, I may just recommend having them close the initial ticket themselves and work with Quick tickets, or possibly Ticket Templates, to quickly make a repair ticket for the Asset in question. All of the reporting and details are then tied to the individual tickets and the Assets’ timeline/history will keep track of it all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you for adding this to this thread @bnagel 😄