Question

Assign multiple agents to a subtask

• 16 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to assign multiple users to a subtask?

We’re attempting to create a mid year enrollment change check list that sends out to all parties involved.  Some tasks can be completed by multiple users/agents.  The goal is to not create duplicate subtasks for each user. 

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

As I understand it, subtasks are always tied to a single agent in the same way a ticket is always tied to a single agent. I was going to suggest having the Subtask assigned to a team but that doesn’t currently seem to be an option for Subtasks. If you could spell out with a little more detail what your are looking for people might be able to suggest a work around but at this time it doesn’t seem like there is a way to do exactly what you are looking for. 

We're attempting to build out a student onboarding ticket template.  Depending on what age the student is, the same tasks would be assigned to different agents.  Being able to assign a task to multiple agents would eliminate the need to build redundant teams or duplicate ticket templates with only a single variable change. 

Additionally, we considered building duplicate subtasks into the ticket template to assign to the different agents, but then there would be open subtasks if it doesn’t apply to a certain age. Not as neat as I’d like. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@JacksonJT Thank you for submitting your question to our community. Unfortunately, this is not currently a feature, but you can submit your idea to our Idea Exchange here: https://community.incidentiq.com/topic/new

Thank you @PBauchan 650c0fd mvsd for jumping in here on this idea! 😄