Question

Attachments show up as "Screen Recordings"

Badge

We are constantly sending out UPS labels to our families and staff as an attachment to a comment so as to facilitate the return of equipment.  I have many people tell me they cannot find the attachment.  Eventually, they do find it and many have told me its labeled as “Screen Recording”.  The UPS label is attached as a PDF file.  Is there a way to make the attachment more obvious to the recipient?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@tdaye Thank you for being patient for a reply! 

Are you sending these out on a comment on a ticket or is this being sent out as an email?

Badge

These are being sent out as an attachment to a comment on a ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@tdaye Would you mind providing a screenshot of this occurrence?

Badge

@Kathryn Carter I wish I could.  But, apparently, it is embedded in the email the customer receives.  I have had several customers tell me the same thing.  They are looking for an attachment, but it, a PDF file, is listed as Screen Recording.

Badge

I got a screen shot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tdaye 
Currently, that is how it is intended to function. All screenshots or recordings will display under that section. 

I do agree that it can be hidden from the requestor. I would suggest adding this as an idea in our idea exchange to include the attachment within the comment at the top of the emails. 

https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you for adding this to the idea exchange

Badge

Please make adding an attachment within the comment at the top of the emails. Or any other way that makes it easier for a technician adding a PDF to a ticket response and easier for the end user to find the attached PDF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CHarrison 847bcd2 eisd Thank you for your comment. I agree this enhancement is very important and I hope to see it enabled soon 😄

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is exceptionally confusing & I hope this gets fixed! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MichaelK12 Make sure to upvote and leave your comment on the idea: 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@MichaelK12 Make sure to upvote and leave your comment on the idea: 

Done! Thanks Kathryn!