Solved

Can we edit the Popular Categories?

• 11 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Is it possible to edit the Popular Categories section when doing a new Device ticket?? For example, if we could add Tablets and remove Laser Printers that would be pretty useful. 

icon

Best answer by Hannah Bailey 15 July 2022, 17:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @bclark!

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately our popular categories cannot be adjusted, it is based off of the amount of tickets submitted in your district. However, you can go into the site options and select “Auto-expand All Categories for Devices”. That will enable all the categories to show and they will not have to click “show all categories” every time. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

If it’s based on submitted tickets then that part isn’t working for us. Those categories have never changed for us. I just looked it up and combined we have had a total of 95 desk phone and laser printer tickets.

We have had 5,974 tablet tickets. That’s actually our highest category by quite a lot (next highest is 2500/laptops) 

We have about 18,000 tablets in the district and around 10,000 laptops. It’s great the laptop is up there but would be really helpful for our users if tablets were. 

(We turned off the auto show all categories after feedback that it was too busy.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @bclark 

The blame is on me 😐 I told @Kathryn Carter wrong. 

Learning something new every day! 😁  It is not based on the number of tickets submitted in your district. This would be a great idea in our idea exchange. 

https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

Our suggestion would be to control the visibility based on the issue categories. Adjusting visibility for things staff/faculty do not need to see. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I’ll likely put it in the idea exchange. We do have items in those other categories (not not many) so turning them off wouldn’t be ideal either. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bclark 
Got some good news! We can change these popular category options for you. Please reach out to our support team and they will take care of the rest. 

Still love the idea for you to be able to manage these options. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I will do that. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@bclark 

You can now change the popular device category on your own! Explore our latest features to see how :

0JoMoe576FnwSE9XyeIDI12BhjMfypaveu1RUYFT15fEdCqqmcrbGj3sm-GP-Juf4bhmix0dHVeUpwvD4JL2pVMjrcEsQNOCuM-dYnAy6zLV76b_dVBdgCWK-W8dktaGlP7jfP02dEECmZ2zqCbbo60

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thank you