Question

Easiest way to claim tickets based on asset

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

When we have a crate of devices that need repair delivered to Central Office, the tech would have to, one at a time, look up each device, click the active ticket on that device, and claim it.

Is there a good way to allow them to simply scan the tags of the assets and then, in bulk, claim the tickets for those devices?

I wanted to make sure this wasn’t a feature somehow before posting an idea.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MattHenry -

Great question! 

If you are in a ticket grid and you filter by “Asset Tag or Serial Number” (whatever you want to search the asset by) and then you can start to scan those devices asset tag. 

Next bulk select all of those devices from that view and click “Assign.”

I hope this helps 😁

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@MattHenry -

Great question! 

If you are in a ticket grid and you filter by “Asset Tag or Serial Number” (whatever you want to search the asset by) and then you can start to scan those devices asset tag. 

Next bulk select all of those devices from that view and click “Assign.”

I hope this helps 😁

That is such a good idea! I didn’t think about a view showing the asset.

Question… if you scan the same device twice, is it supposed to remove it from the list? Because I’ve noticed that when copy/pasting a list… a duplicate removes the original item.

I don’t know if that is intended or not… should it be a bug or an idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MattHenry - Another great question - I had to test it myself. Let me ask my colleagues and see what is the intended behavior.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MattHenry - This is an enhancement request. I went ahead and added this idea into our idea exchange.

Please go comment and upvote 😁