Solved

Followers adding comments to a ticket

• 15 December 2022
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

We’re working through a process issue here, and I’d like to see what everyone here thinks.  We have some agents that regularly add a lot of followers to a ticket, as input from several departments might be needed.  Most of these followers have Faculty permissions.

The followers can reply to the notification emails to add comments.  If they try to view the ticket, however, they can’t.  I am thinking this normal, since the faculty user does not have permission to view all tickets, correct?

The only way I can think of to allow those faculty users to add comments from inside IIQ would be to either make them an Agent, or assign view and edit rights to individual users.

How do y’all handle this scenario?  I’m open to suggestions. :)

Thanks,

-Ricky

icon

Best answer by Hannah Bailey 17 January 2023, 21:18

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey Ricky,

I would suggest setting up a custom permission for those that will need to open/see the ticket and it should be as simple as checking the box for Submit, View, and Work. See screenshot below. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the suggestion.  The only problem with that idea, is that we may not know which users might need the custom permissions. 

We may have to approach it this way, though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TAnders @mmickey @bclark @jo.cpa @jax @kcullen 

Do y’all have any thoughts to help @RickyWallace ? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I had always assumed that adding someone as a follower to a ticket allowed them to view it, never actually tested that though. The only thing that I can think is if all the staff being added are the specific “faculty” role, you could open up permissions that way so that they can view the tickets and it wouldn’t effect regular staff.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions.  I found out from support, that there is currently a bug that is causing this to happen.  Support is working on it, and should have it resolved soon.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

No work around for us either...We’ve had similar issues in our district with followers because I assumed if they were added as a follower it would allow them access to the ticket as if they were an owner.  We limit some of the permissions as best we can so that people aren’t snooping around in other people’s tickets so this was also problematic for us.

Basically just waiting for the enhanced updates to permissions to hopefully give me more granular permissions for this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

We have someone with the same issue the last few days. Seems like something changed with permissions. This is not the first time in the last month or two permissions stuff on the platform changed things for us in our instance. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Our District is experiencing this issue as well. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Allowing all staff to view all tickets is not recommended. This solution exposes sensitive and private information - not a good idea.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RickyWallace @vince @MD14 @jax @bclark @TAnders 

Thank you for your patience. There should be an update with our permissions coming soon. Keep an eye out for updates! 

Badge

@Kathryn Carter any idea on the timeframe?  We go live on Monday and need to share that the follow feature is not working correctly.  We also have to find a work around - giving any permissions to staff or faculty is not an option due to sensitive data, e.g. terminations, FOIA requests, student gender change, online history audit, etc. 

Thanks so much.   

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Kathryn Carter Very much interested in this fix as well.
I was unaware that followers were unable to view this.
No wonder adoption of iiQ by some staff has been slower.
Many of our staff are in a support role where they need to be kept informed of tickets (followers)… positions like SPED Case Managers, etc.

Just curious… does that mean that followers ARE NOT receiving emails on “followed” tickets as well?

I would also like to know the timeline.

@karen.tirado - eyes on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CLindner 4103d3e rochester & @jo.cpa I currently do not have a timeline for you. It should be soon, however even I do not know the release date. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Kathryn Carter thanks for the reply…. but is there any way that we can get an estimate?
Like Q2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

We have recently made an enhancement regarding “guest” users to be able to view the ticket details page. Thank you all for your input and patience. 😄 

First, your iiQ admin will need to go to Site Options and enable Allow Ticket Access for Guest Users from E-mail

When this is enabled the user will get an email when they submit a ticket. When they click on the View Ticket Details button from within the ticket. They will be taken to an authentication page, where they will need to enter a code that was sent to their email address. 

This will take them to the Ticket Details page. 

I hope this helps 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Regarding the enhancement with permissions. This is a big undertaking and is coming soon. No timeframe yet. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Another new enhancement that went out was the “follower delegation” site options. 

You can now allow your followers of tickets to work tickets, view tickets, resolve tickets, and assign tickets. 

If you are wanting to allow followers of tickets to add comments, you will need to enable this “work tickets” option. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Will the “Work Tickets” permission allow them to actually work the ticket like an agent, by adding resolution actions and other things, or just add comments? I don’t need 99% of the followers I add to be able to add resolution actions, but I do need them to add comments if needed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Will the “Work Tickets” permission allow them to actually work the ticket like an agent, by adding resolution actions and other things, or just add comments? I don’t need 99% of the followers I add to be able to add resolution actions, but I do need them to add comments if needed.

Agree with TAnders… For us, Followers are usually not the people “working” a ticket, but rather have a say or valuable info that is needed to be added.  Typically, this would be a Parent or school Staff that needs to add a piece of info or a comment to approve an action.

So I will echo the need for adding Comments and viewing the Ticket history.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TAnders @jo.cpa I just tested this myself. As a follower with “work ticket” permissions (role: faculty)

I was only able to comment or cancel the ticket. It seems it is based off of the role actions. I hope this is helpful 😄

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Awesome, I’ll turn it on and see if people start randomly cancelling tickets. At least we can open them back up if that happens.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Kathryn Carter So are we supposed to apply an additional Role to all Faculty then to get this?  Or @TAnders can you share your results/feedback on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jo.cpa No, you can set it for faculty or staff. It was just the one I was testing on 😄

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Everything has been smooth here. The staff has been pleased with the new viewing options.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Kathryn Carter But aren’t the default Faculty / Staff Policies Locked? 
So we would need a new Admin Role, no?
And then how can that be applied “efficiently” to Faculty / Staff?

@TAnders How did you grant this?