Solved

Is there a way to quickly see if the recipient has responded to the ticket

Badge

We have a rule that sends us emails when a ticket has been responded too. But I like working off of the Ticket View. 

Is there a way to have some kind of icon to in the ticket views that show that there has been a response to a ticket?

This is would be helpful when I look at the tickets “Assigned to Me”. I would like to quickly identify when a ticket requestor has responded. At this moment, I have to look at every ticket. 

In the old ticketing system, the ticket subject would show in bold and I would check all tickets that were in bold. Once I responded they would go back  to regular font.

This just made it a lot easier to keep up with responses.

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 7 July 2023, 14:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If you mark a ticket as “Waiting on Requestor” (you can toggle this on while writing a comment), it will automatically switch the status back to “In Progress” when they respond. To my knowledge, that’s the best option.

It would be nice to have an indicator on the list view that shows when there’s a new/unread comment - similar to how unread emails show in your inbox in bold like you mentioned.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

If you mark a ticket as “Waiting on Requestor” (you can toggle this on while writing a comment), it will automatically switch the status back to “In Progress” when they respond. To my knowledge, that’s the best option.

It would be nice to have an indicator on the list view that shows when there’s a new/unread comment - similar to how unread emails show in your inbox in bold like you mentioned.

This is similar to what I do. I have the following views

0 - Unassigned
1 - Needs Action
2 - Waiting on Action
3 - My Closed Descending
4 - In Progress For Others
5 - All Closed Descending.

the thought is they come in 0 - Unassigned. they then go to either “1 - Needs Action” for lets say I’ve realised I need to gather more info before replying or I have to do something ASAP (They stay as In Progress) or they go to 2- Waiting on Action. This is where Waiting on Vendor, Scheduled, Waiting Response Live. If they reply It drops them back to 1 - Needs action.   

++1 to the unread comment idea though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@UCortes 4101342 sths Thank you for submitting your question to our Community! 

Here is an idea to upvote about sorting by requestor response so it would be easier to see those notifications. 

Love seeing @jclark16 and @Kpeers responses here! Love to see the collaboration! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I would like to see an icon that shows replies and replies that are unread 

Something like this… 

Badge

Hi Hannah, 

Do you know if there is any progress on this? Or if it’s a feature that already exists? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@UCortes 4101342 sths Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

Currently, the idea linked above is still open, and there is no update to provide at this time.