Question

Is There a way to show the asset number in the subject line?

• 25 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to have the asset number for tickets be part of the subject line? Say I’m creating a ticket for a chromebook, I’d like to have the asset tag for that device be part of the subject line “Dell 3100 Chromebook [Asset Tag Here] > Hardware Damage> Cracked Screen” Any suggestions? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JPisani 803812b lcalions Thank you for submitting your question. 

Could you provide a screenshot of where you envision this? I believe this will be an enhancement request for Idea Exchange. 

Better asset tag deafult representation at a high-level overview has been requested.  I don’t think it has gained any traction.  Attached are pics of what I call the ‘garbage view’ versus editing the subject line to be more concise and informative when viewing ticket statuses.  @JPisani 803812b lcalions has the right approach with his suggested subject line of 

“Dell 3100 Chromebook [Asset Tag Here] > Hardware Damage> Cracked Screen”

Versus what I have been doing for a couple thousand tickets so far:

FWIW

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MCoogan 3706a6b tamaquasd Thank you for the screenshots. This truly is a great way of providing an explanation through screenshots! I can see a clearer picture now. 

Would you mind providing a link to the idea request you submitted? I was looking and wanted to ensure I grabbed the correct one. 

I did not create a request for it, I think I upvoted a request for it though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MCoogan 3706a6b tamaquasd Adding the idea here 😄

I would love to see the detail and screenshots on this post