Solved

Is there any way to restrict who can see specific ticket types/issues aside from roles?

• 3 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I would like to have one specific ticket issue/type to be restricted to a set of specific users.

I know that you can control visibility based on roles, but I don’t believe that additional roles can be created or enabled for additional use aside from the normal staff/facility roles.

So my main questions are the following:

1: Is there a place to add additional roles or create custom roles? 

2: If not then is there a way to limit who can see a specific issue/ticket type besides visibility via roles? 

icon

Best answer by jclark 3 January 2024, 21:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

There’s not a way to create custom roles currently - though it’s my understanding that there’s more customization coming in the future with permissions enhancements that they are working on.

The best way I can think of to currently limit ticket type visibility is to restrict the categories and then create Quick Tickets, where you have more user filtering options available. This comes with limitations though, like not being able to change the location or requestor during the ticket creation for example.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We have this need too and our current workaround is to control access using Locations. For example, we have a location and issue called “Title II Funds Request” and a rule for when some creates a ticket with the issue Title II Funds Request ticket, it is set to that location. Then we can control who can view/edit/submit tickets for that location.

This has worked well for us, but we are looking forward to the revamp of permissions being completed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@TCurtis 5576bd0 jpsny Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

I would suggest that this will be more capable with the permissions overall. Here is the thread for updates: 

Thank you @jclark and @davecarty for your workaround! 😄

Badge

There’s not a way to create custom roles currently - though it’s my understanding that there’s more customization coming in the future with permissions enhancements that they are working on.

The best way I can think of to currently limit ticket type visibility is to restrict the categories and then create Quick Tickets, where you have more user filtering options available. This comes with limitations though, like not being able to change the location or requestor during the ticket creation for example.

I was able to create a quick ticket and then limit it to a specific department so that only the users in that department could see the quick ticket. 

The second thing that I did that actually solve the issue that I was having is that under the issues tab in Admin I removed the visibility for Staff to be able to see the specific issue that I created.

Although that was removed the users in the Department listed in the quick ticket filter could still create a ticket that way.