Solved

Limiting who can change a ticket status.

• 9 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

We have an issue with resolved tickets being re-opened even though the original issue was resolved. Is there a way to disable requestors or “Staff” from changing the status on tickets?

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 12 February 2024, 18:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@MWalker 4236c95 cherokee Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

You could create a rule that when a ticket is opened that was once resolved, the rule will automatically resolve the ticket. Additionally in my example, we would send an email to the user who has submitted a ticket telling them to open a new ticket.

Additionally, here is an idea to upvote about adding a time limit to the time the user can reopen a ticket: 

Please let me know if you have an additional questions! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I was going to set up this rule, but then I realized if an agent wanted to reopen a ticket, it would still auto close it. I haven’t fiddled with it to see if I can add a rule to Exclude our agents or not yet. I would imagine it might work, but haven’t tested it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@TAnders That is a good point. Regardless of who changes the status, it will be closed. 

Badge +1

Thank you for the ideas and feedback. I have inplimented this rule. I too am having issues with agents not being able to open the tickets back if they need to. My work around for now is for them to notify me if they need one open and exclude them as an agent until it can be opened and then setting the rule back. I know this is the long way around but it is helping us keep up with the currently work needs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@MWalker 4236c95 cherokee What if you add the “role: excluding agents and admins” This might help as agents and admins will get excluded from the rule. I will preface as I have not tested this but just thinking out loud for you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@MWalker 4236c95 cherokee What if you add the “role: excluding agents and admins” This might help as agents and admins will get excluded from the rule. I will preface as I have not tested this but just thinking out loud for you. 

I tested this but using specific agents, and it did not work. I did not try the role option though, that might work differently.