Question

New permission system prevents users from selecting field in remote support ticketing

Badge +1

Since the rollout of the new permission system, our remote support ticketing workflow no longer functions as there is a required field on the main ticket entry page that doesn’t display any drop-down data.

We opened a request with support who said it is a custom field that needs to be added to tickets of the “Remote Support Ticketing” type, however that is already done and we can’t seem to locate where any of these fields are defined in when looking at Custom Fields. We can not locate where the fields of “First Name”, “Last Name” and “E-Mail address” are assigned to the first step in our Remote Support Ticketing workflow. Anyone have any tips for finding this? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@rsaeks Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

I have followed up with your support ticket and team. They will help you with this one. Thanks! 

Badge +1

Thank you @Kathryn Carter. We’ve had this as an open support ticket with IncidentIQ since May 2nd and it’s been frustrating we still haven’t had a resolution. Our users are unable to submit requests due to this bug. We’ve also expressed an interested in figuring out how to get the required field removed from the Remote Support Ticketing workflow but haven’t gotten anywhere on that request either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@rsaeks Remind me your ticket number, and I can follow up again. 

Badge +1

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@rsaeks Alright, took a dive and it looks like we are waiting for our dev team to get this across the finish line. I asked if they could provide some additional information, but be on the lookout for this to be coming soon. 😄