Solved

Parts inventory in the negative

• 21 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We are trying to figure out a way to monitor our parts to include when we are in need of new parts. Is there a way to show negative parts inventory? This way I know that I need to order that many parts? Or has anyone else found a better way to do this? Due to lack of money, we tend to only have enough parts on hand for our current repairs in the que. 

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 4 January 2024, 18:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@lpreedom Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

You can set an email alert for you to be notified based on low inventory. Here is the guide to get that set up: https://community.incidentiq.com/asset%2Dmanagement%2Dbasics%2D81/parts%2Dsuppliers%2Dfunding%2Dsource%2Dand%2Dpurchase%2Dorders%2D242#Part+Rules+-+Alerts+for+Low+Inventory+Quantity 

I hope this helps and Happy Holidays! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

That is a good idea, however that isn’t really what I am looking for. We are trying to figure out a way to track the parts we need for each specific device. Knowing that we are at zero is good, but that only tells me that I don’t have the parts I need, not how many parts I need. If we were able to add parts to the tickets, and send our parts on hand total to negative numbers, that would help. Then I could look at the parts list and see screens are at -10, so now I know to order at least 10 screens. You see what I am saying?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@lpreedom This is an enhancement request, and it looks like you have added it to Idea Exchange already. I like @akorkishko workaround with starting with an extra in stock and then going down from there. 

Here is the idea link to follow for updates: