Solved

Putting deadlines/due dates in tickets

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Is there a way to add a due date/deadline to a ticket?

icon

Best answer by Hannah Bailey 1 April 2022, 20:22

View original

59 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I am not 100% sure on this, but I feel like I have seen someone ask this on Reddit, and there is a beta feature that you can add a calendar add-on through your IIQ support rep.

We have wondered about this feature as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I’ve added a custom date field to a reservation request before but it isn’t something that can be acted upon by rules.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Does anybody know if this is a feature built into Incident IQ or is this something that should be added to a “Feature Request”?

I just ran into this and wanted to add a deadline for a ticket but could not find a way to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Cozmo03 - You are correct. We do have Due Date which is a beta feature. 

If you want to turn it on for your district please email support and request for these beta be turned on. 

Badge

Any idea when this will be out of “beta” testing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@r.sawyer 

For now, it is still in beta testing. By request, we can enable this feature. 😁

Badge

If we wanted to explore this option for our district, is there an extra cost?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CLoureiro 8870436 nauset 

No extra cost. Please let us know if you would like for us to enable the Due Date feature for your district. 

Badge

Question:

if we activate the Due Date feature for our district, does that mean that all users can add a due date when they submit a ticket? We wouldn’t want that, especially since we allow students to submit tickets to the system.

We would like to select in Admin settings who had permission to add a due date; we’d like only Agents and Admins to be able to do this.  

Reason: we get tickets for enrollments/withdrawals, new hires/resignations, student teachers, contracted staff- sometimes weeks in advance. Often cannot do anything with accounts & equipment so early. I do lower the priority on these in my queue, but it would be much better if I could select a DUE DATE for each ticket, so I could sort on that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BFB - Only agents and admin can add due dates to tickets. There are currently no permissions for due dates, so all agents and admin can set due dates. 

Badge

Excellent. Can we add this feature ourselves, or do we request it from IncidentIQ? I see in an above post that there is no additional cost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BFB - Correct, no extra cost. I will get this turned on for you and your district. 😄

Badge

Hi,

If we have due dates already turned on, is there a way to have the due dates assigned in a ticket template or added as a rule for tickets created by the system service?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ASanes 800c385 mosesbrown Currently there is not a way to add by rules nor ticket templates. 

However there is an idea submitted about assigning Due Dates via shortcuts - check it out: 

Badge

Is there a way that x days before an item is due that it can send an email reminder to a particular team or group? Obviously from previous replies you can’t assign a rule to due dates, but being able to send a reminder beforehand would be useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TKern 9079bb3 gtc There is currently no way to automate that. However, that would be a great idea to submit to our Idea Exchange. https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

Hello,

How do I go about requesting the due date beta feature?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MLund 7030f35 sd308 

Are you wanting this feature to be turned on for your site? 

Yes I would like to have this made available for use, thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MLund 7030f35 sd308 I have turned it on for you! 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

^^ Above is the knowledge base guide around the beta feature Due Dates. 

Please keep in mind that this is still a beta feature and enhancement are on our backlog for this feature. If there are any enhancement that you would like to add to Due Dates, please add them to the idea exchange 😁

https://community.incidentiq.com/topic/new?type=idea

Badge

^^ Above is the knowledge base guide around the beta feature Due Dates. 

Please keep in mind that this is still a beta feature and enhancement are on our backlog for this feature. If there are any enhancement that you would like to add to Due Dates, please add them to the idea exchange 😁

https://community.incidentiq.com/topic/new?type=idea

Hi Hannah,

Could you please enable this for our district?

Thanks!

Gary

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Gary_KCMO - I has been enabled for our districts site 😁

Badge

@Gary_KCMO - I has been enabled for our districts site 😁

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi! Please activate the beta for our District as well. This is exciting.