Solved

Re: Headaches , OOO replies.

• 12 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

We are running into issues with Email to tickets, please someone tell me they have a way to fix this !

Currently if an email is submitted it creates a ticket… this works well. The issue is each reply to that email chain also creates a ticket. We are trying to make it so the Rules stop this but that is providing some issues. Does anyone have a best practice around this AND out of office replies ?

I will keep playing with the rules for now but seeking someone who has the answer other then trial and error on my part. 

icon

Best answer by ADeLacy 19 January 2024, 18:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

For context these are the two rules we are trying so far…

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m having this issue with sending out weekly fine invoices. I don’t provide IIQ accounts for parents so when their Out of Office is turned on and IIQ sends an invoice to them, their email immediately replies and IIQ tries to create ticket. IIQ doesn’t recognize the account (because it doesn’t exist in IIQ) so it sends an email back to the parent telling them their account doesn’t exist. OOO response fires again and it’s a endless loop. Parents are NOT happy.

I have opened multiple support tickets and the solution is always to block the user and then unblock them after they turn their OOO off. There has to be a better solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@ADeLacy 640001e ghsd Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

Here is the idea to leave your feedback on to get this in the product: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas/admin%2Dto%2Dchange%2Dagents%2Dcalendar%2D1579

@lhofius Thank you for your feedback. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I think I found a “better way” at least if you are using Microsoft / Exchange.

I Created a Mail flow Rule.. so far on light testing this LOOKS like it’s working for us.