Question

Rerun rules if location or issue is changed?

• 15 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Is there a way to have the rules re-evaluate the ticket if the location or issue is changed by the agent?

Example one.  User submits ticket but the location is wrong so no agent is assigned or the wrong agent is assigned. Agent changes the location  but the rules don’t repapply so the agent has to assign the ticket to the other agent manually.

Example two. Use submitted ticket for new software to be evaluated.  Ticket assigned to Software Eval team.  What they actually wanted is a website unblocked.  Software team changes the issue but the rules don’t run again.  Ticket has to be manually assigned.

Possible?

7 replies

Saw a spelling error

*Example two. User submitted ticket

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I don’t think there is a way to “force” refresh a Rule so really what you’d need to do is create a second set of Rules that would retrigger in those circumstances (for example, “When Updated” with a Filter “Issue Changed to”). That seems REALLY intensive for a small time saving based upon all the possible permutations so not sure if that would be really worth it.

The one thing I would say about having no agent assigned is all of our “When Created” tickets have a catchall that if an agent or a location is somehow not specified on the first rules its always assigned to a specific team and person (me) who will then manually re-assign them.

I understand the situation you have and what you’d ultimately desire, but I’m not sure how easy it would be to implement on either your side or on IIQ side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@amac Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

This is possible! You will need to make sure to add the “when field is updated” filter on your rule. 

An example:

Trigger = Ticket Updated

When: Field Updated = Issue Type, AND Issue Type = Unblock Website

Then: Assign to Agent or Team = specific agent or team

Please note: do not forget to make sure to use the "field updated" piece as well; rules are conditional static, meaning without that second filter, any SUBSEQUENT updates to the ticket would re-trigger that rule (as opposed to running just once when they update the ticket initially)

I hope this helps!

Thanks @PBauchan 650c0fd mvsd for jumping in on this one! 

This rule I’m working with is very extensive.  Would I copy the rule but change the trigger to “Ticket updated”? What else would need to changed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@amac Copy the rule and add the “when field is updated / add the field you are updating” 

Then add it to the “when updated” trigger as well 😄

I had to adapt it to our main rule based on issue and location but it seems to be working.  Thanks for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@amac Glad you have it up running!