Solved

Rules question

• 28 March 2023
  • 4 replies

We are trying to create a rule to assign tickets to the most available tech in a specific team at a specific location and I cannot quite figure out the logic on it. 

We have 3 locations with 2 techs each.

team 1 @ site 1

team 2 @ site 2

team 3 @ site 3

we want to assign tickets for site 1 to team 1 then to the  most available tech for that site . The same for the other 2 sites. I am trying to keep this all in one rule but I am un sure of exactly how to lay out the filtering.

Any help would be appreciated. . 

icon

Best answer by SMillsTVSD 28 March 2023, 20:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I am pretty sure you would not be able to set this all in one rule. You would need 3 rules for the 3 locations and 3 teams setup. It would look something like the attached image, except the most available team member would be set to 1 of the 3 teams.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SMillsTVSD is on a roll for getting these questions answered! I love to see it! 😄

@CTapee 88732cc oxnardunion You will need to set up 3 separate rules, 1 for each location, just as Smills has above! Make sure your teams are assigned that match the locations. I hope this is what you are looking for 😊

Okay. This helped put me on the right path. I had to do a rule that assigns to teams by location and categories. I then had to go under the “when assigned” trigger and create the 3 rules that then assigns them to the most available tech. Everything appears to be firing on all cylinders.

Thanks everyone! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CTapee 88732cc oxnardunion So so glad to hear that!! 😄