Question

Rules to Create a ticket in a different module

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I am trying to help our district do less work since we have both Technology and Ticketing. We have an event ticket under Facilities and an event ticket under Ticketing. I would LOVE to add a custom field on each side saying “Tech Support Needed?” and “Maintenance Needed?” on the opposing sides respectively, and have those fields fire off a ticket to the other module so that we don’t have to have people enter in tickets in both sections. I tried a “When Created” rule on both sides, with the custom field (on/off type) set to “Yes”, then create a ticket using the template on the other side. This did not work, it created the ticket in the same module and assigned it to the person in charge of finding staff on the opposing side (they don’t have access to each others modules either so even worse). Is there some way to make this work so that I can have it create the regular ticket in the module it was submitted in, and then create an additional ticket for the other module? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@TAnders Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

I have been thinking about this one, but I think it will work. I am currently testing it, but I figured you would want to test it, too. I added the custom field to a ticket so that when that ticket is created, the custom field populated will set the product to facilities. 

Let me know what you find! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

That is the same rule that I used to test, it created the ticket in the other product, but did not create the initially submitted ticket in the same module. It only created a single ticket, but in the opposing module.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@TAnders Would you be opposed to creating it as a subticket?? It would be tied to the parent ticket, but it would be able to be created in the other product without duplicating them. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I tried that too, but it wouldn’t give me the Ticketing side templates, only the facilities side ticket templates and vice versa.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@TAnders I have a clarifying question. Are you having your users use the “event registration” ticket type to submit these requests? If not, I am curious why. You can add and subtract custom fields that trigger those different subtickets to the various products. 

Additionally, let’s add the “create a ticket” action to that rule. This will give you the option to see all ticket templates (across modules).

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

No, we are just using a custom issue/model in Ticketing and Facilities. We are not using the Events module any longer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@TAnders Thank you for that clarification. I have reached out to your CSM to follow up on this one.