Solved

Sensitive Information Default Value not working?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m trying to change the value in the Site Options page for “Sensitive Information Default Value” but no matter what I choose, new tickets have the option checked “yes” and it won’t let me change it. I’ve tried turning the site option to on, off, and not set, but there is always a check next to “Yes” on the ticket creation page. Am I missing something?

Site options

Ticket creation

icon

Best answer by Mike1 1 August 2022, 22:25

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

​Hello @Mike1! If you have any Custom Fields that are designated as containing sensitive information, the ticket will automatically default to yes and override what you set in Site Options. 

I took a look at your district site, and you do have quite a few Custom Fields marked as containing sensitive information (the lock icon). This would automatically mark your tickets as containing sensitive information. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Jessica Adkins Thanks for the info. When I mouse over the lock icon, it tells me the field is read-only and doesn’t denote it contains sensitive information. How can I edit a custom field to denote whether or not it contains sensitive information? There is no edit button next to any custom field, except for “recording” and “screenshot”.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you, Parker Davenport with IIQ support for finding a resolution! I’ve verified this works.

“The reason that your tickets are automatically being flagged as containing sensitive info is that you have the default Screenshot custom field added to all your tickets, and that field is flagged as Contains Sensitive Information. If you'd like to include screenshots on non-sensitive tickets, you should make your own Screenshot custom field to include, and you can choose whether that field is marked as containing sensitive info or not.”

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Mike1 so glad he was able to help! I am also going to add this information to our Knowledge Base article - Site Options. Thank you for marking the best answer as well! This will be very helpful for other community members. 

Thanks @pdavenport_iiQ for the support!

Userlevel 2
Badge

was this recently changed on iIQ side?   we had this working fine and then all of a sudden last week, every ticket started coming in as sensitive information.  @Jessica Adkins @Mike1 was it working for you at one point in time then stopped? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@brett.eckler This is our first year with the product, so I’m not sure if it was working before or not.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@brett.eckler This is our first year with the product, so I’m not sure if it was working before or not.

its our first year too, we had it set up in july and it didn’t do this, but recently it just switched.  i’m assuming you have noticed it from the beginning during setup? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@brett.eckler I just did some testing, and it looks like the default field “Desired Name of class” will automatically mark your tickets as sensitive. I suggest doing the same thing as mentioned above, creating a custom field and marking it as containing sensitive information or not. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have removed that and am waiting to see if it resolves it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@brett.eckler I just wanted to follow up on this. Did the solution work for you?

Badge

Creating a custom field for Screenshots and making it Image Upload fixed the tickets defaulting to Sensitive for our IIQ.

Screenshots should be non sensitive by default and allow user to change field.

QOL would be allowing IIQ Admins to see default field values such as sensitive, field type, etc without being able to change them. Or let them change them which automatically creates a custom field and tells them to change default fields on a certain page.

Sensitive tickets were annoying, having to uncheck it on tickets that didn’t need it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @dunnojustin77. Are you saying that when someone uploads an image when submitting a ticket that is marks that ticket as sensitive automatically? 

Badge

Hey @dunnojustin77. Are you saying that when someone uploads an image when submitting a ticket that is marks that ticket as sensitive automatically? 

Yes, the Screenshot (image upload) Default Field is marked sensitive with no option to change by default.

• Opening a ticket with the field automatically sets it to sensitive on creation. It can still be changed by agents after creation, however.
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dunnojustin77 

That is interesting. Looking at your site is see that the site option “Sensitive Information Default Value” = Off. So it should not show the field on the ticket. 

I am going to report this as a bug and will keep you updated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Actually @dunnojustin77 you needs your site option to be set to “Off (hidden)” if you do not want that field to show during the ticket submission process. 

Badge

https://sonoranschools.incidentiq.com/agent/custom-fields?tab=definitions

This page is likely source of issue:

•  Changing the Screenshot Default Field’s attributes to Sensitive off (not forced) would fix issue.

To Replicate:

Badge

https://sonoranschools.incidentiq.com/agent/custom-fields?tab=definitions

This page is likely source of issue:

•  Changing the Screenshot Default Field’s attributes to Sensitive off (not forced) would fix issue.

To Replicate:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dunnojustin77

The default screenshot field is not set to sensitive. 

Here is a ticket i just submitted in our testing environment and attached an image and it did not mark this ticket as sensitive. 

Badge

@dunnojustin77

The default screenshot field is not set to sensitive. 

Here is a ticket i just submitted in our testing environment and attached an image and it did not mark this ticket as sensitive. 

It appears you added it via the IIQ Screen Recorder Field’s Video/Screenshot upload feature.

Try adding the IIQ Screenshot Field to an issue type then uploading the same screenshot. 

Thanks for looking into it, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dunnojustin77 - I uploaded the image through the default field. Please see video below

Badge

@dunnojustin77 - I uploaded the image through the default field. Please see video below

Oh, I see. 

I suppose my issue is with the inconsistency of file upload methods affecting sensitivity.

• If you want to limit someone to only uploading an image, you would use the Screenshot IIQ Field and suddenly your tickets would be sensitive which isn’t expected behavior. (Checked Sensitivity Attribute for adding file)
  • Normally adding files with Attach File(s) or Screen Recorder doesn’t mark tickets sensitive by default. (Unchecked Sensitivity attribute for adding file)

Hope that makes sense and can be replicated. I can make a video if need be. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @dunnojustin77 

I have been trying to replicate it but unable to do so. If you could make a video that would be helpful. 

Badge

Hey @dunnojustin77 

I have been trying to replicate it but unable to do so. If you could make a video that would be helpful. 

https://sonoranschools.incidentiq.com/api/v1.0/files/28b719e3-4024-49ea-b66d-d3982cdddc33

The audio didn’t go through, but you can see a video replicating the issue.

1. Video starts by showing tickets with differing custom fields generated on ticket creation. My custom Screenshot field has the sensitive attribute set to no by default.
  2. IIQ Screenshot field forces Sensitive (IIQ Screenshot field added in Administration - Custom Fields - Tickets; automatically creates ticket with field)
  3. Created Google ticket with IIQ Screenshot field (sensitive)
  4. Created Google ticket without IIQ Screenshot field (not sensitive)
Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @bclark have you seen this thread?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dunnojustin77 

Thank you for sending over the video. It was extremely helpful. There were a couple of things that I saw that stood out to me. I am going to test it out in our testing site and will get back to you shortly.