Question

Suggestions for Ticket Reviews

• 15 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

In preparation for the upcoming improvements to global search, we want to make sure our tickets are well documented. To that end what would you do in this situation?

An Agent closes a ticket after resolving an issue for a user. I want to agent to go back and document how they solved the issue. I don’t want to reopen the ticket since the user would know it was reopened.

How would you let the agent know that you wanted them to add documentation to the ticket?

I know I could email or message them with a link to the ticket and the instructions, but can anyone think of a good way to handle the communication within IIQ?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@davecarty Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

This is an interesting workflow, and I am interested in seeing what other users are doing for this workflow. 

One option would be to turn off notifications site-wide while your agent updates the ticket. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@davecarty, that is a great question! Our district did something similar to this last year during winter break, we turned off notifications temporarily (for a day or two) and our Agents worked on adjusting issues/resolution actions to make sure our data is accurate. 

One option could be to create a Tag(s) and add it to the tickets that need attention (you can add Tags to resolved tickets). Then you could create a shared view with your Agents, using the Tag(s) as a filter. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Interesting idea @Erica . Does the ticket creator stop receiving updates about ticket changes once a ticket is closed?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Interesting idea @Erica . Does the ticket creator stop receiving updates about ticket changes once a ticket is closed?

I can confirm any update to a ticket will still trigger email/push notifications unless the person has disabled them already.

Similar to what @Erica mentioned, we are contemplating correcting issues on old tickets for reporting purposes, and one of my to-do items to to disable all update notifications during that time. We haven’t gotten there yet tho.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Adding Tags to the tickets (open or closed) should not notify anyone.

I would, however, turn off notifications prior to changing the status to update Issues/Resolution Actions, as that would notify the user. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you @Erica and @jclark for adding your insight on this thread. 😄