Solved

Tags? How are you using them?

• 17 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello,

School District user. I am curious how others are using tags in tickets, and for what purpose? I am aware of creating them, applying them, using them in rules, but just not sure how it would benefit me to be using them. Any use cases would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you.

icon

Best answer by TAnders 17 April 2024, 16:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SMillsTVSD Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

This is a great question for input from our community members. I know @TAnders is trying to use them for stale tickets. Are there any other ways you are using them? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

We have been using them mainly for our billing tracking, we have a few vendors that are in the system that we need to bill out to. I have one tag that gets auto applied to all tickets for the vendors by name, then we have another tag that the secretaries add after billing/paying them. That way they just have a single view for things that need to be billed and it populates based on the vendor name tag, and if it does NOT have the paid/billed tag yet.

Our other use case is for our implementation team for new software, we have tags for which product the new software needs to be integrated into based on the ticket entry, and then it routes a sub ticket to the appropriate agent.

I would LOVE to start using them for Stale ticket tracking, but the built in permissions let agents add/remove tags from tickets as they please, so I can’t really use them to the best of their ability there (I did come up with a related option though using SLA’s for now).

Aside from those, we have a couple that we use to track our automation software errors in account setup and a few various ones for assets. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Interesting. Thank you for use cases. I will see how this could apply to us.