Question

Ticket Templates not assigning to agent

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Our agents use several ticket templates. In the past those have always bypassed our regular ticket assignment rules because at the bottom of the ticket we have "Do not process any more rules" checked. This allows the ticket created to go to the agent who triggered it. One of them noticed this morning that those tickets are being created but are not assigning to the agent who used the template like in the past. 

Is this happening with anyone else? Did something change? Can it be changed back if something did?

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

We have run into this the last couple days as well. I wanted to wait to see if it was a fluke or not before mentioning it, but it sounds like a larger impact than just us.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I was hoping for an easy fix but if it’s happening elsewhere then I guess it’s a larger issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The reason I thought it might be a fluke is that it isn’t happening to everyone consistently. Our helpdesk has a few templates they use frequently throughout the day. About half of those folks aren’t getting credit for their tickets because of it not assigning, but it seems to be working fine for the others using the same template. They’re all in the same team with the same permissions set.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Interesting. I tried it with two different templates (one of which is our most used) and two different agents (one of which was me) before posting. I tried several times with no luck. If it’s happening sporadically that would be further evidence of a bug I would think 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I agree. The team I’m referring to is usually 7-8 people actively working, and I know of 3 of them who are still getting the assignment using the same template that the other 4-5 are not. It is strange...

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@jclark16 and @bclark Just wanted to let you know we have our team looking into this issue. I’ll let you know what we find out. Would either of you be able to email me a screen recording?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Yes. What email should I send it too?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@bclark estapf@incidentiq.com Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@jclark16 and @bclark Just wanted to let you know we have our team looking into this issue. I’ll let you know what we find out. Would either of you be able to email me a screen recording?

I have someone working on it - we’ll get you a recording!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Sent. Thank you. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@bclark I haven’t received it. Check the spelling of my last name. A lot of people spell it with an h but its really an f. estapf@incidentiq.com. =) 

@jclark16 I did receive the one from Kyle and I’ve passed that one along. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@bclark @jclark16 

There will be a new rule action for ticket templates released this weekend. This will add the ability to assign the ticket to submitters (agent/iiQ Admin only) within the ticket template workflow.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Fantastic news!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

A BIG

go to 

@jcollins_iiQ and @IMilo 84003f1 admin 

for the quick fix on this one!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I tired it this morning and it works perfectly. Thanks. We will add those to our templates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Love to hear it @bclark