Question

Add a custom user field and map it to SIS data sync

• 25 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’ve added a custom user field and set it for the student role. I would now like to map that field to data from our SIS data sync. Is this possible?

I see my new custom field in User > Edit User. However, I do not see it show up under the mappings in my SIS app.

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DMilovski 267b41e rochester Thank you for submitting your question to our Community 😄

What SIS are you using? When mapping from your SIS, dependent upon your SIS, there are a few things you will need to check. 

Badge

We use Synergy. Since this will mostly be a one and done type of migration, we found that a user import via CSV will meet our needs.

However, it would be nice to know if there is the capability to map an additional SIS field to a custom iiQ field for future reference. You can use the same example above. It was a custom multi-line text field we added in iiQ. We have a text field in our SIS that we could include in one of the existing files we currently sync.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DMilovski 267b41e rochester If you are using Synergy, I suggest doing a user import, as you mentioned above. 

I know that mapping from your SSO is an easier process, but custom fields will not be able to be written back to your SIS. I'm sorry, I misunderstood your original request.