Solved

Agents permissions to add documents to user accounts?

• 28 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Some of my agents scan old hardware check out forms to pdf and they want to load them into users accounts so they can be kept track of but they are getting permission errors. I have looked high and low to figure out how to give them permissions but I cannot find where to set that permission. Of course as an Admin I can do it but I don’t feel like uploading hundreds of pdf files lol.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by SMillsTVSD 29 March 2023, 15:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Did you create a custom field for the file upload? Do you have a screen shot of the error message? I’m doing a little digging in our instance to see what this would look like.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Is this the upload field in the user record you are talking about?

I also couldn’t find a granular permission for editing users.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I believe this is where you would find it. In the Administration Permissions settings, you would have to create a custom agent role. In that you would give the agents permissions to manage users (under user tab)

You also need to give them file permissions (under general tab)

Is this what you are looking for? If you do not give them the permissions to view/edit private files they will not see those files from anyone who put in a file as private.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CTapee 88732cc oxnardunion Thank you for your question! Did this give you the answer you were looking for?

@SMillsTVSD has it right! They will need the Manage Users permission! Thank you @SMillsTVSD for jumping in with the screenshots! Love it!

@benthicmp Thank you for asking for clarification here! Those were my thoughts too. 

I had a custom permissions set but it looks like I missed the admin thing. I am changing things now and I will have one of my agents test it and I will let you know. Thanks for the help everyone!

@benthicmp that is the exact field they are trying to add docs to.

Charles

That worked! @SMillsTVSD adding the manage users checkbox worked! Thanks everyone!

Hello, I have a similar issue but I don't want to give full user management rights to my agents. Is there a way to split this to just affect uploads and not include other management capabilities such as edit user fields or uploading a profile picture?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KLara 6634251 buhsd Thank you for your question, but there is not a way to split up user permissions at this time. It may come with our permissions v2, but not immediately.