Solved

Assign default permission in bulk

• 15 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Is there a way to change the default permission policy for a set of agents? We would like to change the default from the default agent permission to a custom set for our principals to view only, but the only way I see to change that is to go to each individual user.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 16 September 2022, 22:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mmickey Thank you for submitting your question. 

You can assign a custom policy to a team of agents! First, copy the agent permission policy and adjust the settings as needed. Then head over to users, filter by team and you can add the policy to the group of them! I hope this helps 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mmickey Hi again, I want to check in. Did my suggestion work for you?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@mmickey Hi again, I want to check in. Did my suggestion work for you?

That did, thank you!

Badge

@mmickey Thank you for submitting your question. 

You can assign a custom policy to a team of agents! First, copy the agent permission policy and adjust the settings as needed. Then head over to users, filter by team and you can add the policy to the group of them! I hope this helps 😄

Would this method grant that permission policy to those added to the team in the future or would there be an equivalent? I tried looking into Rules for Users, the Permissions tab and the Teams tab but all of them seem to only apply once to current users or show no option to apply policy. Is there a method for automatically distributing policies other than the default ones to roles?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ROmelchenko 580650b ellington Thank you for adding to this question. 

Here is an idea that is committed! This would allow you to link permissions with teams so the whoever is assigned to the team would have that permission.