Solved

Automatically temporarily flag students for pulling a certain amount of loaners in one week.

• 17 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m sorry if this has been discussed but I was wondering if there was an automated way that we could have a student’s account throw a flag up if they try to get more than two loaner devices per week.

We have a massive problem where students won’t bring their loaners back and it’s causing a deficit in our loaner pool. This can lead to kids who generally use their personal device and need a loaner Chromebook for testing, unable to receive one due to none being available. We implemented a “2 loaners per week” policy to deter some regulars but it can be hard/easy to miss if there’s several kids in the room being helped. The limit we introduced has brought out loaner pool back to half instead of 0 like it was before.

Ideally, it would be nice to have an automated system where we could limit the amount of loaners per week and it would automatically reset the “flag” at the end of the week. Certain limits associated with students who have loaners out for excessive amounts of time would be fantastic as well. 

Thanks in advance

D.

icon

Best answer by nburke 17 February 2023, 16:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have submitted this an idea already.  Please go and upvote it!

What we do here is we have created a custom view that we edit the date range and run weekly.  Not sure if that is the best way but it appears to be the only way.  We want to set semester limits and we just have to do it manually

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@nburke Thank you for jumping in with your idea!! 

@DRudolph 2530a44 pinkerton Here is an article @nburke wrote about managing spares: