Solved

Create a Ticket using a a "User Rule" and Ticket Template

Badge +1

We are struggling with trying to find a way to create a ticket, using a ticket template, based on a user rule.  We can get all actions to work except “Create Ticket”

The use case is if we have a user go to “No Access” that still has a device assigned we would like to create a ticket.

We would also like to use this to trigger a ticket when we update a user to indicate they are leaving the district and we need to collect assigned devices.

The user rules have the option to create a ticket but we have not been able to get it to work.

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 20 September 2023, 14:36

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@rbretth I don’t want you to think we left you hanging! I am currently testing out a few different scenarios, but I promise to get back to you soon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@rbretth so we discovered why your ticket creation was not being triggered. At this time, rules are not triggered by app updates so your overnight sync would not trigger this rule to create a ticket.

The good news is that we came up with a workaround, although it is a bit more manual. We suggest creating a custom view, No access with assigned device, and from there you can bulk assign tickets. We actually just posted a tips & tricks article about this view:

I’m sure this isn’t what you were hoping to hear, but I hope the workaround helps for the time being!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Jessica Adkins 

I can’t find it now, but I could have sworn that in one of the enhancement emails that there was a guide on how to set a user rule that would generate a ticket based on a user being changed to a “no access” role if they had any devices assigned to them which is what I think @rbretth is trying to accomplish. 

Am I wrong about that guide?  Or if I’m not, does that mean that the rule wouldn’t work if the role was changed by an overnight sync rule? 

Badge +1

@Belcher.shane We had a support ticket open for the workflow you described on no access users and we were never able to get it working.  If there is a guide I would love to find it.

Ray

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I am 99% sure i remember reading about one but of course i can’t find it now.  I had planned to put it into affect on mine and never got around to it.  If I find it or figure it out I will let you know. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Belcher.shane and @rbretth unfortunately it does not currently work with app updates, but I spoke with someone from the product team and this enhancement is coming soon! I will definitely come back to this post and let you know once it has been released.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

What is the status on this?  We are really needing this or something similar to get many tickets made for multiple students and staff.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This idea is currently in development. Please stayed tuned for more updates!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@angiejaeger - Users rules now trigger when your integrations make changes to the users. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello, 

Thanks for this update. 

We can get the rule to fire that we have setup to send an email when this happens, however, we can not get the create a ticket portion of the rule to fire.  Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@angiejaeger 

What is the workflow you are trying to accomplish?

Here is a common one that we see with user rules. 
Trigger = “When Updated”

Filters = “When field is Updated” & “Role=No Access”

Action = “Create a Ticket” - and select the ticket template

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way in the ticket template to have the name of the user that was updated to no access to be in included in the ticket?

We are still configuring our new site for production. This would be nice to have for when students withdraw and their device needs to be collected.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Hannah Bailey I don’t see an option to select “Role” from the “When field is updated” filter

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bbeaudette 
Are you creating the rule under “User Rules > When updated”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WLewis 577560b rolla31 

Right now I do not see a way of having the user's name populated within the ticket template. 

This would be a great addition to our idea exchange.

https://community.incidentiq.com/topic/new?type=idea

A workaround could be - to have the ticket created when the user's role is no access. Giving you a reminder, and then just having a “Custom View” for all users with the role “no access”. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Hannah Bailey D’oh! I was in ticketing. It looks good now. Thanks!

Badge

Can we have it where certain templates are available to all staff/faculty? Example: we have common issues that everyone categorizes different. I have an employee that constantly does a “Event>Setup" for everything. It would be nice if I were to create ticket templates for whitelisting websites or getting help with 2FA that any staff can submit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RKeene 407edbd gusd Here is an idea to upvote for this exact idea: