Skip to main content

I am trying to clean up our user list a bit (yes, including the No Access ones). Before I start deleting users, I am wanting to know if the tickets that they submitted or were submitted on their behalf will also be deleted? We had a system in the past that would do this, so I’m cautious to just start bulk deleting users.

Thank you for any help!

@AHarris 460746e sbps Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

I just tested this, and it looks like the tickets will not be deleted. You can still pull the ticket and the user, but the user does not show up within the User Explorer. 

Can I ask why you are cleaning up your users instead of just setting them to no access? Clearing your user lists is not best practice. 

Awesome. Thank you for verifying that for me.

As for the reason we are wanting to delete users. We used to have two separate domains, one for students and one for staff. We are merging these two separate domains back to one. We used Google SSO to populate our users so we had both domains setup to populate students and staff in IIQ. Essentially, our students have two accounts in IIQ, one from domain 1 and one from domain 2. We’ve now removed the SSO from domain 2 so all of those domain 2 accounts are set to No Access and will never be used again. We simply want to remove all of those domain 2 accounts.

@AHarris 460746e sbps Happy to help. It definitely makes sense on the bulk delete! I just wanted to verify! Good Luck 😄