Question

Faculty Vs Staff

• 9 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

What’s the difference?

4 replies

Badge

I believe that “Faculty” is typically teachers, admins, etc. (people that need a degree/certification to do their job). Staff is any staff member that doesn’t fall into that category.

As far as iiQ goes, I don’t think there’s an actual difference unless you set up permission policies & visibility of different things to differentiate them.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I agree, with @DHenry overall. You just need to set the permissions as you see fit for each group but they can be anyone you want.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

We use Faculty for our staff that we want to give a little more access to IIQ, for example our Facilities team only wants certain job titles to be able to enter tickets for their schools, so I map those titles to Faculty so I don’t have to do that with another custom staff policy that needs to be manually applied.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jmerwin Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

This is a great discussion and something I also struggled with identifying the difference, especially within the product.  

Thank you @TAnders @ADeLacy 640001e ghsd and @DHenry for adding in your insight on this thread.