Solved

Merge Users via API?

Looking for a way to merge users using the API. I haven’t found anything in the API documentation and previous questions on bulk user merging suggest contacting support. Would be nice if I could automate this for end of the year clean up. 

icon

Best answer by athaxton_iiQ 9 May 2024, 00:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

You can kind of piece together the API by watching the requests it makes when you go through the UI. I would be more curious as to why you have to merge users enough to want to automate it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@BHazelwood 8509a8d raleigh Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

I have reached out to our Dev team to see if they can shed some light on the best way to do this. Just wanted to let you know that as soon as I know, I will let you know! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@BHazelwood 8509a8d raleigh A clarifying question: why do you need to merge so many users?

Typically for large merging of users, there is something else going on the back end. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@BHazelwood 8509a8d raleigh Unfortunately at this time this API call is not currently supported, but you should be able to merge users in Incident IQ by selecting “Merge User” found under the Actions drop-down menu found on the User Details page. For any larger scale merges where multiple users may need to be merged however, we would recommend opening a ticket with our Customer Support Team by clicking on “Help” in the top right corner while logged into Incident IQ followed by “Submit a Support Ticket”. By opening a ticket with the Team, our Team will be more than happy escalate the request to our Tier 2 Support Team who should be able to help assist in merging these users in bulk.

Best regards,
Drew