Question

Prevent users from opening tickets for others

• 19 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Looking for a way to prevent users from being able to open tickets on behalf of another user but not seeing this in permissions anywhere.  Anyone know if it is possible to do this?

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Are you referring to Agents not being able to create tickets on behalf of someone?  Or regular users such as staff or students?  You can remove the “on behalf’” when a ticket is created if you don’t want it to be that way but you have to do it within the actual ticket. Can you give me some more details and I can try to help?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am trying to prevent students from being able to open tickets on behalf of another user and perhaps some regular staff members.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Ok are your students using a shared device of some sort and not signing in to Incident IQ themselves with their own account? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

All of our users sign in with their own accounts.  I want to prevent people from being able to open tickets on behalf of others so that they can only open tickets for themselves.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

What permission policies do you have.  If you go to Administration/Permissions which one(s) are you using for your users?  We have custom policies here and our students are not allowed to create tickets on behalf of anyone.  Or maybe check your Site Options in Admin section. Look where the “Tickets” section is. 

Maybe I’m not following.  Just trying to help you out.  I know that our Agents and our Admin permissions can create tickets on behalf of others but nobody else in our school can.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Scott-CCS Students should not be able to create a ticket on behalf of someone. Do you have an example of this happening? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Sorry I was mistaken.  Our students are not able to open tickets on behalf of others.

What I was looking for though was a way to prevent a staff member, or group of staff members, from being able to open tickets on behalf of another user.  I reached out to support and they confirmed that this option is not available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Scott-CCS This would be a great idea to submit into our Idea Exchange: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas