Skip to main content

Somebody accidentally deleted a user, is there a way to re-enable her account with all previous tickets, asset assignments, etc.? I can’t find her through Users Explorer, but if I search an asset that I know is assigned to her I can click her name from there and see her profile with all past info. It says “This user has been deleted!”. Any way to un-delete?

*(Since we sync with Google, a new account was automatically created under her name, but it is completely blank - she is not able to see any menu or create tickets)

You may be able to merge that account with the newly created one. All assets, tickets, etc should transfer. I’m 100% certain on that as I’ve never had to do this with a deleted account, but that’s how it works for duplicate active accounts.

I attempted to merge, but the deleted user account can’t be found from the Target User menu.

You’ll want to put in a support ticket to see if we can get that user restored to your database.

@SGaynor 84065d1 frenchintl Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Deleted users will need to be undeleted by our tier 2 team. Please submit a ticket to support they will get this handled for you. Please let me know if you need anything else! 

Is there a current enhancement request to allow system administrators to restore deleted users?

@DAdmin 71723bd stgeorges There is not but you are welcome to submit one to our Idea Exchange here: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

@SGaynor 84065d1 frenchintl Were you able to get the user restored?  We had a similar incident where a user was deleted.  A ticket was submitted and we were told that restoring a user's account  is not possible once a deletion happens.

We did get the user restored, but we were’nt able to do it ourselves. We put in a support ticket with iiQ and their team was able to resolve the issue for us. Hope this helps!

@kwhite 

Our support team is able to restore the users if they were delete from within our platform. If you submitted a ticket to our support team please let me know the ticket number and I can follow up. 

@Hannah Bailey Thank you for your response to Kwhite. The ticket we summited is ticket: #19489

@HMac I am following up on this internally; once our tier 2 team restores this user, you will get an update! Thanks so much.