Question

Receptionist Check-In/Out

• 8 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello!

I see it is possible to enable check-in/check-out for teachers, but I would like to grant my receptionists the ability to check-in/out our loaner devices to any student. What is the best way to set this up?

Thanks!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ccooney

Yes, you can grant your receptionist to check in and out devices. If your district has purchased iiQ Assets Module the article below will walk you through how to enable this for them based on their roles.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Ah. It would appear, though we have the Assets module, we do not have Rollout Scout?

Would my only alternative then be to establish the receptionist as an agent? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ccooney 
I see that your district has only purchased iiQ Ticketing Module and iiQ Facilities Module. Rollout scout is only available with the iiQ Assets Module. 

If you are interested in the iiQ Assets module please let me know and I will have someone reach out to you. 

So currently your receptionist will have to be assigned an agent role to use the basic check-in and out feature. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I think what confused me is we are still logging and tracking assets? I guess you can do that without the ‘Assets module’?

I did not purchase this service and our director, who did, is no longer with the district. I’m trying to reverse-engineer some of this stuff.

Do we have a limit on the number of agents we have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ccooney I am sorry for the delay in response. 

There is not a limit on the number of agents you can have in your district. I would be mindful that agents have access to a greater amount of information (based on the permissions you set). 

You have to have assets in the system in order to create & submit tickets. 

Badge

Do users still have to have the agent role to use the basic check-in and out feature?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ANixon 213cf3e eisd At this time, that is correct. They need to be an agent for just basic check in/out. 

However, if you have Rollout Scout, they do not need to be an agent in order to check devices in and out! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m trying to set this up because our secretaries need to have just the basic check in/out but I’m not able to perform the steps in the guide because the permission for General > App Specific > Update Assets and Owners (Allow a requestor to check in or check out assets) is not there.  And I confirmed that I do have the rollout scout app installed.  Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Cebula Since you do not have rollout scout, you can create a basic agent permission that would have the batch check-in/out permission. 😄

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Robert Cebula Since you do not have rollout scout, you can create a basic agent permission that would have the batch check-in/out permission. 😄

I actually do have rollout scout.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Cebula Oops, I totally misread that! 

You are going to want to create a custom permission policy for your secretaries and give them this permission, based on their location 😄