Question

Search in view designer to select more than 100

• 9 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I need to be able to search more than 100 owner/user ID’s at a time when I am building a custom view.  I have a list of a number of staff that have an assurance program and I need to know of those users/owners what devices do they have assigned to them now in IIQ.  So I can set a custom filed of has assurance but then I need to know those owners/users that have assurance what specific devices are checked out to them. 

I know the owner/users ID’s who should have it so I am using a custom view to search all 5,000 uniques owners/users but I can only copy into the view designer search box 100 at a time and that will take a long time for 5,000 users.  I need to be able to either import the list of owners/users and tag them or be able to search in the view designer for more than 100 at a time. 

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Have you done the Assets Explorer tab?

You would be able to see the model and owner of the device/s that you are looking for. Go to the tab and then filter it based on what model category and what devices you are looking for.  That would be able to show you what owners they are assigned to.  That is what I have done, and we have 5.1 thousand devices.  Then you can do a bulk edit as well if that is another thing that you would want to do to like unassign or move to a different location. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The problem is I do not know what devices they have assigned to them it could be a desktop, a laptop ,or an iPad I am trying to find what those devices are just for these 5,000 users.  They are all various staff and faculty. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I guess you could do it by the role filter or the previous owner filter. but thats if they are already assigned which it doesnt sound like they are.  You could try the recent user emails if its synced with Google admin but not sure if that would work. 

Another option that you could do is set up a servey for your staff to fill out on what info you need, and then do a bulk inport of all your devices to get the updated info on everything. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@angiejaeger Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

I would suggest creating a custom field to add to the users with that policy. Then, perform an import to update those users. After, you can filter by the custom field. 

Here is the KB Guide to get you started: 

@BHenker Thank you for adding your thoughts and asking good questions! 😄

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@angiejaeger I feel your pain on the search - I have an open idea for this exact issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks @jclark16 for linking your idea here!! 😄

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Kathryn Carter 

If I create a custom field for the user and update  that,  how do I get that custom field to show up to only choose the owners that have that custom field listed on an asset view/search?  I know the users/owners ID’s I just need to know each of the assets they have checked out.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

If you have their ID or some other unique identifier you should be able to paste that into the “Asset Owner” filter on an asset view and filter down to those assets.

Unfortunately you can’t filter off of a custom field for users when filtering assets - it drives me nuts, because that would allow us to do all sorts of things. I made an idea post about that too. The title says ticketing rules, but really it should apply everywhere there can be a filter overlap between two facets of the system.