Question

Two emails per staff, how do you handle?

• 19 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We get the pleasure of living in both a Microsoft email domain (official district communication) and Google email domain (Google Drive / student<>Teacher communication).

We are syncing users off Azure thus getting their Microsoft email for staff this is different, for students it is the same.  We are seeing now some staff opening tickets with their Google email which results them showing up from our location community not respective school location as no info to match.

Is there a good way to link these two email domains or something?

Thanks..

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CLee 1176405 shakopee I would suggest mapping the emails from both accounts into iiQ. This way, both emails are associated with the same user. 

Additionally, if this is always an email-to-ticket occurrence, I would have your users submit tickets through the Product versus email. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Will check into.

We try and make getting a ticket as easy as possible.

We offer 3 ways to open a ticket:

• phone support that rolls to a voicemail that creates a ticket
  • email
  • portal

Ideal is obviously portal as able to guide user a little though most are just selecting the first thing they see and then issue not listed.

Next is email as easier to go back and fourth (over playing phone tag), also helpful if the user is locked out of portal they can use personal account to request support.

Phone is least desired and though some staff think provides faster support not always the case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CLee 1176405 shakopee Let me know how it goes! 😄