Solved

User Device assignment history

• 13 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I see the Timeline information on the device pages, which will tell me how often that device changed hands.

What I am looking for is the same kind of information at the user level.  

I want to be able to pull up StudentA and see his history of device assignments (check-ins, check-outs, exchanges, etc...)

There may be an easy way to do this already, and I am just missing it.

Your help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 14 September 2022, 17:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@SRogers Thank you for submitting your question! There was a question on this already that I am linking to this thread. 

If you click on a user’s profile, you can scroll down to “Revisions” in the bottom corner and click on it. That will give you all of the information on the users profile and information on the devices that user has had assigned. I hope this helps 😄

@SRogers Thank you for submitting your question! There was a question on this already that I am linking to this thread. 

If you click on a user’s profile, you can scroll down to “Revisions” in the bottom corner and click on it. That will give you all of the information on the users profile and information on the devices that user has had assigned. I hope this helps 😄

This works, but isn’t the solution I want it to be. If a student has multiple devices over their time with the school it’d be nice to see that in one place like a device history or device assignment history.

The revisions contains multiple bits of data that are irrelevant to searching for devices, such as one that was assigned to them 3 years ago that I might need in case they damaged it or some other instance of needing that data quickly. Is there any way we can make a change on the back end to enable a tab of only device history?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@MWynne 3139310 gehrhsd 

This has been a hot topic in our Idea Exchange. This would be an enhancement request to get a tab added to a users profile page to show device history. 

I would suggest upvoting and commenting on the following idea:

Badge

I understand that you can see the device history by looking at Revisions, however, the assets are not active and clickable from that list under Revisions. You can see Actions taken but then I have to go back to the Search and type in the asset number I want to find any details. 

I agree that there needs to be either a way to make the assets clickable in Revisions or there should be a timeline of devices under User information. Like a Past History or something. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@IRAMSEY 303d366 nacs I have added your comment to the idea thread linked above. Thank you for your feedback.