User Notification

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

What methods is everyone using to identify users who should not receive an asset?  Is there an identifier whether it be different colored font on the user account that would alert anyone issuing a new asset or a specific field?

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Sherri H - For us we use Job Title for this determination however we handle this process outside of IIQ.  We have a table inside of our SQL database that identifies which job titles get devices and which ones don’t.  When HR enters a new employee inside our ERP system we automatically send an email which has their network username and password and a link to schedule an appointment to come pick up their device.  If an employee is not getting a device then our email just doesn’t include the link to schedule a device pickup. 

I really can’t think of any automated solution you can use inside of IIQ to do this, you might could use a custom view or tags in order for this.  We don’t use the HR module so not sure if that may have a way to create a workflow off job titles or some other custom field you might could populate.  Hopefully other community members have a clever way to handle this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks I do like the tag idea!  I am mostly thinking of students who are no longer allowed to get device assigned -so how do we identify them. If that makes sense.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hey there, @Sherri H! Another option would be to create a custom field for users and add it under the student role. You can add an on/off toggle and name it “Do Not Assign Device” or whatever verbiage is appropriate. This field will be available to turn on or off for students and displayed on the user overview page. You can then create a custom view that lists the users that have this custom field turned on. Here are some help guides that include instructions for these tasks.