Solved

User view export

• 11 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’ve created a user view that will tell me what students have multiple devices checked out to them. When I click export I have to essentially setup my view all over again. But this time I am unable to select assets from the +Column dropdown. Is there something I’m overlooking here? Why do I have to specify what I want to export when I’ve already created a view. And why can’t I access assets anymore in the export window?

icon

Best answer by SMillsTVSD 12 April 2023, 14:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@MPeters 48079a4 stjacademy I do see what you are saying about the view not exporting the way you have set and need to select the columns again. Maybe reach out to iIQ and see if this is correct behavior. Also, in a user view you will not be able to see devices. 

I set up an asset view for each grade in our district. I set the sort to be by Owner (Last, First) and then I can see who has multiple devices and which ones. The area circled in red is the same student, just different devices. Just a workaround that I have found to help me when I export. I would love to be able to see assets listed in a user view that’s exported.

Sorry, I covered a lot of private info.

(Same student circled in red with different devices)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Great work @SMillsTVSD Thank you for adding all that information and screenshots!

@MPeters 48079a4 stjacademy Here is an idea to upvote where you will be able to export all the columns with information! 

Badge

@SMillsTVSD thanks for your reply. What you did is what I was going to try next, thanks sharing this with me confirming it would work!

@Kathryn Carter thanks for sharing that article with me, I went and upvoted it. It just seems that instead of the export drawing it’s data from the current view it is doing a whole separate query that isn’t able to access more than one dataset.