Solved

Google Admin Annotated Fields

• 11 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am trying to set up IIQ to write to Google Admin the Asset, User, and Location field.  I went into Google Devices app and in general settings I see the mapping options.  This is what I set everything to, but it doesn’t seem to be filling the asset information to google admin.  I ran a full sync after setting it up, but I still haven’t seen any changes. 

Did I set this up correct?  Do I just need to be a little more patient for google admin to update?

icon

Best answer by jclark 11 April 2024, 20:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

You have to run a full sync after changing those settings for it to write back for the first time, or wait for your nightly sync to run. Also, if you want it to write back every time a change is made in iiQ, you’d have to set up a “when updated” asset rule to “Push Changes to Google”.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Sorry, missed your last sentence stating that you ran a full sync already… that should be working. Does the account you used to connect Google to iiQ have the right Admin permissions in Google to make those changes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JRood 877c5a lvpioneers Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Just wanted to check in on this. Does @jclark’s solution work for you? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@JRood 877c5a lvpioneers Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Just wanted to check in on this. Does @jclark’s solution work for you? 

Yep!  I just needed to “Push Data”  I thought the full sync did that, but it doesn’t seem like it did.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Just wanted to check in on this. Does @jclark’s solution work for you? 

Yep!  I just needed to “Push Data”  I thought the full sync did that, but it doesn’t seem like it did.

The full sync should do it as well, based on your screenshot. Strange that it’s not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JRood 877c5a lvpioneers I would submit a ticket to support them. They will be able to see whats going on on the backend.