Solved

Rollout Scout - Username Search Not Working

• 18 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I noticed that searching a username in Rollout Scout’s Batch Check Out no longer works as expected.

When entering a username in the format first_m_last, I get the following error message. If I change it to first_m_last@example.com then it works correctly and the student is found.

Rollout Scout - Batch Check Out Error

The username works correctly in check in/out and also the global user search functions. Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? I tried with Rollout Scout V2 Check Out enabled and disabled with no difference.

icon

Best answer by calvin_henderson 18 October 2023, 14:55

View original

5 replies

Badge

Please disregard my incompetence. 🙂 Student usernames are set to their full email address. This is a problem with our SIS export. It’s been a long week..

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@calvin_henderson I am glad you were able to figure it out. 😄 Please let us know if you need any more assistance! 

I’m interested in this specifically so I’ll just ask here rather than opening a duplicate. The batch check in/out screen is the only screen where searching with a username without a domain doesn’t work. You can search for a user with just the username in user explorer and in the individual check in/out asset screen. So 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to allow search for username without the domain on the batch check in/out screen?
  2. If not, is it possible to change the data that pulls into the student ID field to not include the domain?

The reason I ask is we have another system in use in the school district that only uses the username without the domain attached so it would streamline our processes to just be able to scan one username structure.

Badge

I’m interested in this specifically so I’ll just ask here rather than opening a duplicate. The batch check in/out screen is the only screen where searching with a username without a domain doesn’t work. You can search for a user with just the username in user explorer and in the individual check in/out asset screen. So 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to allow search for username without the domain on the batch check in/out screen?
  2. If not, is it possible to change the data that pulls into the student ID field to not include the domain?

The reason I ask is we have another system in use in the school district that only uses the username without the domain attached so it would streamline our processes to just be able to scan one username structure.

What does your username field look like and how are you syncing it? Does it include the domain?

Rollout Scout checks for absolute matches on the username and not partials.

In my case, I had to update the sync on egress from our SIS to remove the domains prior to ingress into iiQ.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MEllis 34025d2 wcs What are you using for your SIS? Just as @calvin_henderson suggested, you will need to look into your SIS settings if you are.