Solved

Assets that contain other assets

Userlevel 2
Badge

In our district we use charging carts for our chromebooks. These carts are tracked as an asset. In our previous help desk system we were able to assign chromebook assets to  cart asset within our inventory. Is there similar option available for Incident IQ?

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 11 July 2022, 14:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Good Morning @erich.geiger,

Thank you so much for your question! You will need to import your chromebook carts as an asset in our system and then link the chromebooks to the cart. I have attached an article to help with that process!

__

Kathryn Carter - Community Moderator

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you so much, Kathryn!

Badge

Is there a way to integrate the batch check-in / check-out with the carts as an asset? Currently we do the batch check-in / check-out but would like to view the cart as an asset and then see the laptops in the slots for that cart.

We’ve also noticed when unlinking an asset from an asset that has multiple linked to it, it unlinks all of the assets. Is it possible to do this without linking the assets to the cart so we don’t run into that issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KCampbell 420e93a wcsdpa Currently since you cannot check out devices to each other (or assign assets to another asset), you would need to make the cart a storage location, instead of an asset. If you made it a location, you would be able to see the assigned slots. 

In order to accomplish both goals here, I would assign your carts as a room and then assign the devices to a room. Here is a thread where community members explain this much better than I could. 

I hope this helps 😄