Question

Bulk Import Assigning Assets to Guest Accounts

• 28 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have many times been successful doing bulk import on assets to change owners; however, recently we decided to create “owners” for rooms so we could check out to rooms instead of placing them in a room in the location field option to better be able to see what is in a particular room.  I was advised to use Guest role for these accounts, but when I try to bulk import, these guest roles accounts cannot be matched and do not show up when manually matching.  I was able to get around it by changing roll to Staff, uploading and then changing owner role back to guest, but that is less than ideal.  No problem finding guest owners individually to check out...just in bulk.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JENNY Thank you for submitting your question. 

Are you changing the assignments with bulk actions or a CSV? I would advise for you to bulk assign verses a CSV. 

Other districts are creating specific users for their school to assign as the “owner” for the rooms and leaving them in the staff or faculty role. A generic role for the assets to be assigned to so they are not sitting in the guest role. 

I hope this helps 😄