Question

Check-Out Process

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible in the Basic checkout to scan a device and then be able to scan a student barcode without having to use the mouse to click the search or the checkout button?

Example 

Current: Scan Asset tag and the system finds the asset then you mouse over to the search bar and then i can scan the student id and the system finds the student then i can hit tab and enter.

Hoping to do: Scan Asset tag and the system finds the asset hit tab or put a tab in the barcode which opens the search for the owner to assign bar and then i can scan the student id and the system finds the student then i can hit tab and enter.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @TechDavis Thank you for submitting your question. Currently, you can student ID within the check out system. 

You should go vote on some of the ideas in our Idea Exchange that have to do with our check out process! 

Here is an idea that is similar to yours

Userlevel 3
Badge

I guess the part to the question I am asking is normally on a webpage you can tab through the spaces for input.  After scanning an asset, and hitting tab, its like the cursor just goes blank...

Userlevel 3
Badge

That’s the wording I was looking for Web Accessibility, how tab takes you to the next focusable link or action on a webpage. TAB generally moves you forward and SHIFT + TAB Moves you backwards

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TechDavis I would submit this idea specifically into our idea exchange. I did not find one that was similar enough to yours already in there. https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

I would check the exchange to see if there is any others you would like to vote on. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I guess the part to the question I am asking is normally on a webpage you can tab through the spaces for input.  After scanning an asset, and hitting tab, its like the cursor just goes blank...

I had to go and test this out myself, and you are right it does not allow you to click tab and it moves to the next field. I can see how this would speed up the check-out process. 

This does work with Rollout Scout - our advanced deployment features though. You are able to scan the student's ID and the device's label back to back. But the process is you scan the student’s ID first. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Hannah Bailey Unfortunately Rollout Scout for us is not an option at the moment maybe in the future..

@Kathryn Carter I will try to formulate this into an idea and reference this Q/A

Userlevel 3
Badge

Submitted as an idea but it doesn’t look like we are getting any traction…

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TechDavis Since you commented and bumped it up to the top of the list, you have received some additional votes! Keep up the good work! 😄 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just following up to see if we have any traction on this?

From inspecting the HTML it looks like it is Marked as:

Component - User Input Search / Dropdown Control

if possible that is the section I am trying to tab from when I scan a barcode for a device and then simply tab to scan the student’s barcode any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TechDavis I do not have an update for you.