Solved

Labels Not Printing Correctly

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am trying to bulk print asset labels, but I am having some difficulty. I have a Dymo Labelwriter 550 Turbo, loaded with Dymo LW 30336 1”x2 1/8” labels. When trying to bulk print them, the formatting is off, and I cannot find any way to align the fields correctly. Am I missing something? Playing with the margins gets me nowhere. Increasing or decreasing the scale doesn’t help either. For some reason, the content is high and to the right and there doesn’t seem to be any way to fix.

icon

Best answer by Hannah Bailey 16 August 2023, 18:04

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ccooney 
The recommended label size is 3 ½ X 1 1/8. 

Our team is trying to find gain more information about what sizes and label makers you currently use. Would love to hear your input in the following post:

More flexibility on label formats would be a plus! Adding my feedback to the above thread now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@crestviewschoolsadmin Thank you for your feedback on the thread! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@crestviewschoolsadmin 

There some different enhancement requests in our idea exchange around printing and customizing labels. Here is just one of many that you can upvote: 

Badge

I’m having the same issue. I’m using multi-purpose labels 1.25” x 2.25” and it’s printing top right as well. I’ve tried printing through different browsers and through and out of Preview (using a Mac). I have a Dymo LabelWriter 450 Duo.

I’ve found that if I set the margins, it clips the edges instead of moving the contents to the center. The only way I’ve discovered to make this work is to copy paste the label as an image in to the Dymo software but that’s a pretty time consuming work around.

Has anyone found a fix or am I more or less forced to use the recommended size?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@stlee Our team has been looking into changing this process. At this moment, the recommended size is the best way to proceed. 

However, please comment and upvote the ideas on this thread to see the ability to adjust the asset labels enabled. 😄

Badge

I am using 3” x 1.5” labels on a a Zebra ZT411 and would love to be able to increase the print size of the labeling as they all show up small compared to the size of the labels. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mtully 20071ca myips Here is an idea to upvote about being able to increase the size of the label: 

Badge

One thing I would love to see is to somehow integrate labels into the p-touch software. That’s just a dream though. That said, a more in depth label maker would be great. We do not use the feature in iiQ at all because of its limitations. 

Using an example from our own labels, this is a simple label. We include a QR, asset number, model and school logo.

Now using P-Touch, the label is linked to a database. All items except the bulldog are linked to a column in the database (spreadsheet acting as a database, thats why those symbols are next to some of the items). This means no matter what label I select, the info updates. Pretty basic and same basic concept of the iiQ labels. The thing that I really like though is the ability to set the label size as well as click and drag items in the editor to design it however I want. I can add the SN if I wanted to as well (but we dont).

The ability to click and drag really makes it versatile. 

This is why we continue to use our other method because we have a specific design we like for out labels that works. 

Now look at the one provided by iiQ.

Which looks better? Why is such a complex and large QR used for a 7 digit number? Finally, the label printed by iiQ is almost twice the length of ours. Label tape is about $20 per cassette for 26.2ft. Our label is 2”, this means we can print about 157 labels. Using the iiQ labels, we can only print 78 labels. Give or take. Using the iiQ labels would effectively double our costs for the labels. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KHowe 90708b3 rockland Thank you so much for adding your feedback here. Please add this to the idea linked: 

This is where our Product team is looking for feedback!