Question

Storage of Inventory

• 21 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I would love to use the storage feature for the large inventory of devices we have in our warehouse.  My question is on removing them from storage whether it be 1 device or the whole box we will give them to the sites to issue to the students.  Therefore I need to remove them from Technology storage to another site but will not have an ID yet to assign them to.

I also found that if you assign 1 device without going through Batch Out, it does not remove the item from storage.  Can this not be done on the asset itself?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I would love to use the storage feature for the large inventory of devices we have in our warehouse.  My question is on removing them from storage whether it be 1 device or the whole box we will give them to the sites to issue to the students.  Therefore I need to remove them from Technology storage to another site but will not have an ID yet to assign them to.

For this you can set up a custom view of devices that are stored in your warehouse and use that to filter down and change status and location on all of the devices at once using the “Set Info” bulk option.

I also found that if you assign 1 device without going through Batch Out, it does not remove the item from storage.  Can this not be done on the asset itself?

For this piece, I believe you can set up a rule for “When Checked In” or “When Checked Out” to update the device status/location. If I’m not mistaken, you don’t have to use the batch option to trigger these rules - simply assigning/un-assigning (or updating the owner) is considered a check in/out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@LGrace 5005c86 moore Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

@jclark strikes again with his detailed answer! Those are some great suggestions!